Ginger Coyote's Top
(In No Particular Order)
Working With The Wonderful Staff at Punk Globe Magazine
Working With Such Talented Singers and Musicians in White Trash Debutantes
Tina Fey's Brilliant Portrayal of Sarah Palin helping America Realize What an Idiot SHE REALLY IS....
Having Loving And Caring Friends
Christmas With Bebe Buell, Liv Tyler, Jim Wallerstein, Milo Langdon, Mia Tyler, Roy and Anthony Langdon
My Trip To Seattle For The Upchuck CD Release Party Seeing Dennis White, The Fags, Stone Gossard, Uneven Steven, The Captain and Miss O & Family, Gerry Jenn, Marc Floyd, Pauli, Eric Stickbag, Mike, Emily, Ligayia, MDC
My Birthday With Pauley Perrette, Michael Bosman, The Tuttle Family, Mike & Yvonne Franko. Faroh and Jimmy
"Meeting" Such Cool People As Wendy Kaufman, Shanne Bradley, Fleur Newman, Tara Rez, Andy Thierum,
Sarah Joy Brown, Dave Collins, Pierre, Rabind Rawks, Tyler Vile, Sharla Cartner, Lisa Booth,
Ozgur Cokyuce, Martin Jones, Jenna, Rotten, and Kim Perry.
Kynt and Vyxsin's Parties
The Cheap Trick Show @ The House Of Blues meeting Robin Zander & Cheap Trick, Prescott Niles,
Lesley Loaf and seeing Craig Pop Artist Christmas Eve with Pauli Gray and his Sister
The Tour to Vancouver seeing Doug Donut, Mike& Karla, JP5, Wendy Thirteen, Chi, The Pissups, Mr. Plow, Kara,
The Day Glo Abortions, Jaks Team, Angie, The Cobalt and all the laughs we all had...
John Philip Law's Memorial with Ike and Greg ... Meeting Dawn Law, Paula from Victoria, Stash Klossowski
and John's family and friends.
Punk Globe 30 Year Anniversary Party and having Kathy Peck, Jackie Sharp, Jill Hoffman, Mz. Tracey, Pauley Perrette, Angela Garber, Pauli Gray, Hellin Killer, Brandon Cruz, Lina Lecaro, Gerry-Jenn Wilson, Meri St. Mary
and so many other cool people able to attend it
Thanksgiving at Michael and Tina Butlers with Martina, Mike & Khaos, Brian, Anita and Tina
The Bottom Of The Hill & The Concord Show
The election of BARACK OBAMA
The financial and housing meltdown
TIna Fey on "SNL"
the re-emergence of Young Marble Giants
Some top CDs and movies --
GG Elvis and the TCP Band "Back From The Dead"
Plan Nine, "Man Made Monster"
Rise Against, "Appeal To Reason"
A.R. Rahman's score for "Slumdog Millionaire"
Lil' Wayne "Tha Carter III"
"Punk's Not Dead" DVD (directed by Susan Dynner)
Top 10 of 2008
By Tyler Vile
10. Slumdog Millionaire
9. Hearing that Blake from Jawbreaker and Aaron from Crimpshrine have a new band
8. The historic election (even though I’m an anarcho-socialist it’s still something monumental)
7. The outrage over Prop 8 (one step forward two steps back as they say)
6. Punx Picnic 2008
5. Meeting a bunch of new people
4. Exploring music other than punk rock
3. The fact that no one close to me died
2. Getting accepted to and going to Carver for my sophomore year of H.S.
1. Bettering my writing and more importantly the quality of my life
Top 10 List- 2008
1. Sex Pistols Combine Harvester tour
2. Discovering Dave Chappelle's show
3. Dennis Leary's "Rescue Me" show
4. Man Raze album Surreal
5. Rob Zombie's Halloween remake
6. John Lydon's butter ads on U.K. TV
7. The Cure's new album
8. The Cravats Land of the Giants cd
9. Seattle - a great place
10. "Punks Not Dead"Movie
My Top 10 Men of 2008
1. Billie Joe Armstrong ~ to many words to explain why!!
2. Bam Margera ~ A loon who Rocks!
3. Ty Pennington ~ Sex on legs! have you seen that six pack?
4. Ewan Mcgregor ~ Hes ewan
5. Johnny Depp ~ one crazy raw individual
6. Adam Sandler ~ Need i explain... Funny as Fuck!
7. My Husband! ~ Better have him here!!
8. Jason Chandler ~ One lovely guy
9. Tre Cool ~ GreenDay!
10. Mike Dirnt ~ GreenDay!
TEN THINGS I NEVER WANT TO SEE AGAIN after 2008:
1 Prop 8
2 Torture at Guantanamo Bay
3 Drunk Drivers
4 Bill O'Reily
5 Dick Cheney
6 George W. Bush
7 Sarah Palin
8 Rush Limbaugh
9 O.J. Simpson
10 Divorce Court
My Top Ten Things that will change after 2008:
1 Marriage Equality
2 Equality for LBGT in the military
3 Equality for LBGT in the clergy
4 Equality for LBGT in all churches
5 Universal Healthcare
6 Safe buses for all grade school kids
7 A cure for AIDS
8 A cure for cancer
9 No More Hate Crimes
10 Higher pay for teachers
Top 10 2008
2. Rebellion Punk Festival
4. My Ruin
5. The Skatalites
6. Cancer Bats
9. Cage The Elephant
10. Electric Eel Shock
Top 10 of 2008!
1. Dillinger Four release C I V I L W A R (on my B'day)
2. The Longnecks (The Living End) Live
3. Foxboro Hot Tubs release Stop, Drop and Roll!
4. Pennywise Live
5. Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd of Australia delivers a formal apology to the Stolen Generation
6. Australian Federal Court attempts to stop Japanense whalers
7. No more George Bush!
8. Saving enough money to travel
9. Coding and writing for musicfanbiz and Punk Globe
10. A leap day and a leap second!
Top 10 Favorite Sayings
.....I Can Remember Lately and Why
1. I've been reading Johnny Rotten's autobio No Blacks, No Irish, No Dogs. It's very good except for all of the Nancy Spungen bashing. Sid Vicious chose to be with her. There is a passage when Johnny Rotten's wealthy wife Nora asked Nancy Spungen what she was doing in London: Nancy answered,"Jerking off men for 20 pounds." Ms. Rotten thought Nancy's statement was "offensive." Well, la de da. I guess it was O.K. for Sid to tell her to go make some money!
2. Ben Franklin is always good, here's one, think all that ye speak but speak not all that ye think.
3. We grow too soon old and too late smart. -Yiddish proverb
4. Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
5. A half truth is a whole lie.
6. Avoid Fuck Ups, anything they have anything to do with turns into a disaster. --
(William Burroughs said that in his Dead City Radio recordings, which are AMAZING!)
8. You're lucky to find one true friend in this lifetime. - Mark Twain
9. Any day above ground is a good day. -- KISS Gene Simmons' Mother said that
in a documentary about Gene. His mom is a holocaust survivor.
10. War has no winners. - Ron Posner of MDC told me that recently.
TOP TEN LIST OF 2008
1) "ANARCHY IN B.C. TOUR" WITH JP5 & THE WHITE TRASH DEBUTANTE'S
2) "PUNK GLOBE'S 30th ANNIVERSARY PARTY" in HOLLYWOOD, CA.
3) "WARM BEER & WILD TIMES" (Personality Crisis Biography) a CHRIS WALTER Book Launch
with The Pogs, Drunktank, JP5, & THE SUBHUMANS 08/29/08 @ THE COBALT, Vancouver, B.C.
4) "TEENAGE HEAD" LIVE 04/23/08 @ The Plaza, Vancouver, B.C.,"FRANKIE VENOM" the band's legendary
frontman died from throat cancer 5 months after the tour (RIP) & will be sadly missed, and fondly
remembered by all who he entertained & inspired through-out the years!!!
5) "SEATTLE TATTOO CONVENTION"...my roadtrip with The Slickjacks to review
NASHVILLE PUSSY for PUNK GLOBE MAGAZINE!!
6) "THE ZOMBIE HOP" @ The Anza Club, Vancouver, B.C., With "THE LEATHER JACKETS,"
JP5, & The Scarlet Harlots..Thanx to BILLY HOPELESS forthe "Gerry-Jenn Song!"
7) Recording songs for the LIL GUITAR ARMY'S "30 Watts To Freedom" CD
with ADAN Von PAYNE!...& having PHIL CAMPBELL of MOTORHEAD, &DWEEZIL ZAPPA
become honorary LGA Rock n' Roll Soldiers!
8) "THE NEARLY FAMOUS MUSIC FESTIVAL" at The Legendary Penthouse with
BIG JOHN BATES & THE LIL GUITAR ARMY, etc..
9) MARCUS "THE FLOYDIAN DEVICE" joins JP5 on guitar!
10) GERRY-JENN (Yours Truly) LIVES TO BE FABULOUS & 40!!!!!!!!!!!!
Top Ten Villains of 2008
1. Bernie Madoff, the man stole $50 Billion unimaginable! He stole from charities! Karma will get him!
2. Sarah Palin, this broad put women's issues back a generation! She doesn't
believe in birth control and look where that got her?
3. Dick Cheney. Enough said!
4. Clark Rockefeller, or whomever he maybe! This guy is amazing, perhaps a German,
perhaps a blue blood, perhaps a kidnapper, perhaps a murderer. I smell a Tom Cruise movie in the making!
5. Rod Blagojevich, if I may paraphrase; he is one stupid mother fucker.
6. Prince Harry, sadly he hasn't learned a thing and proves that good breeding and genes a
racist doesn't make. Tsk Tsk Harry your mother would be ashamed!
7. Every single person who voted yes on Proposition 8!
8. Heather Mills, she has taken greed to a new level. All of her good works have been
overshadowed by her greedy nasty divorce settlement fight.
9. Ann Coulter, will someone shut this bitch up?
10. Jesse Helms, finally he died but was evil to the end!
1. David Byrne and Brian Eno - "Everything That Happens Will Happen Today"
2. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - "Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!"
3. Dean and Britta - "L'Avventura" (re-release with bonus tracks)
4. Cranes - "Self Titled" (2008)
5. Jonathan Richman - "Because Her Beauty is Raw and Wild"
6. Tindersticks - "The Hungry Saw"
7. Spiritualized - "Songs in A & E"
8. Mother Mother - "Oh My Heart" (Vancouver's Pixie-esque darlings)
9. KatJonBand - Jon Langford and Kat Ex
10. PJ Harvey - "White Chalk" (released Oct 2007,
but way too good to not be on this list)
Martin Jones Top 10
Meeting Ginger Coyote
Meeting Chryss and finding true love however impractical it may look to others
Choking Susan California Tour
Choking Susan Euro Rampage ( proud to play a small part in both)
Deepening cherished friendships
leaving the past behind and hoping those in it are happy,
Being 'made' to watch The Dickies on stage at Blackpool
Seeing the look on someone's face when they realize a dream,giving up smoking, meeting me
Did I mention meeting Ginger?
TOP 10 FOR 2008
KARLA "KHAOS" MCLEOD
10. MY JAK-O-LANTERN TATTOO THAT RED & I GOT ON HELLOWEEN!
9. SEEING THE LEWD PERFORM AGAIN AFTER WHAT...20 YEARS?
8. RECORDING SANTA'S SHIT LIST WITH THE SCROOGES!
7. HANGING OUT WITH DJEVARA FROM THE UK AND PRETENDING TO BE DAME EDNA!
(DELIBERATELY CUT FROM THE INTERVIEW!) RIGHT THEN POSSUMS!
6. PUTTING ON SHOWS @ THE COBALT ON MONDAY NIGHTS...
AKA...MONDAY NIGHT KHAOS! THE COBALT REIGNS SUPREME!
5. PERFORMING AS A DEB WITH THE WHITE TRASH DEBUTANTES
IN BRITISH COLUMBIA DURING THE "ANARCHY" IN BC TOUR!
4. PERFORMING AS A DEB WITH THE WHITE TRASH DEBUTANTES IN SAN FRANCISCO!
3. THAT THE REPUBLICANS WEREN'T ABLE TO RIG THE ELECTION THIS YEAR...(
BUT I AM STILL STAYING PUT HERE IN CANADA!)
2. SURFING IN TOFINO!
1. BEING ABLE TO SEE MY ALL OF MY KIDS DURING THE HOLIDAYS...
FIRST TIME IN ALMOST 10 YEARS!
TOP 10 0f 2008
2) Obama getting elected!
3) My new puppy Miss Chicken Burger
4) Christmas in LA with my daughter and family --
AND Miss Ginger Coyote!!
5) Working on my new record which will come out in May 2009--
6) TRUE BLOOD
7) The Kings Of Leon
8) The Killers
9) "The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button"
10) Jimmy Walls & Bobbie Rae + David Matos
CRAIG POP ARTIST
TOP 10 for 2008
Best Symphony: CHEAP TRICK at Hollywood Bowl playing The Beatles "Sgt Pepper" with Billy Corgan
Best Concert: CHEAP TRICK at House of Blues Hollywood
Best Backstage Moment: Ginger Coyote drinking red wine with Robin Zander after hanging
with Bebe Buell, Lesley Loaf, Gene Simmons and friends all night
Quote of the Year: " I know the drill IM Meatloafs ex wife ! "
Best Punk Accomplishment: Kathy Peck organizing and succeeding in getting
a street named after Dirk Dirksen in SF
Best Punk Globe cover: Story Craig Pop Artist!
Best LA Party: Punk Globe's 30th Party
Bedtime with the Device
The Bearded Device
The Floydian Device - Top 10 for 2008
The Great And Not-So-Great Of Two-Thousand And Eight!!!!!!!!!
1) Dog, known in China as xiangrou, or “fragrant meat,” was taken off restaurant menus during the Beijing Olympics.
2) What happens in Vegas doesn’t always stay in Vegas! O.J. finally goes to the big house. No mo’ stripper for Jack the Ripper
. . . a little advice for everyone’s favorite football-hero/commercial spokesman/murderer: Sell those golf clubs,
careful stretching in the common areas, and get ready for a big role in Naked Gun 3!
3) Hard to believe that almost half the country voted for a ticket with Sarah ‘Nailin’ Palin on it.
(She really changed since we dated in high school).
4) Mini-me makes a come-back! A guy shorter than Tommy Lee’s balls made his own sex-tape.
5) After a 17-year wait, "Chinese Democracy" debuts at #3 on Billboard charts,
right behind Taylor Swift’s "Fearless" at #2. The Floydian Device says ‘Fearless’ rocked harder.
6) Alec Baldwin calls his little girl a "pig," then wins support;
and starts a whole new career as the unfairly-treated former spouse of his little pig’s mother .
7) A whole country was led to believe that you could make $10 bucks an hour, buy a half-million dollar house,
watch the value increase forever, borrow as much as you want cause you’re now rich, and never worry again!
8) A Barenaked Lady was arrested for possession of cocaine.
(If you’re doing coke, you have a responsibility to rock a little harder).
9) Mormans keep California gay couples from marrying. Marriage is still a sacred institution
between a man and his twelve wives.
10) Elisabeth Hasselfuck is still allowed to open her mouth in public.
Ten things in 2008 that made The Device feel nice. .
1) Workin’ for The GLOBE!
2) Upchuck CD release party in Seattle. Dennis White thanks for bringing UPCHUCK BACK TO LIFE! Highlights -
Playing with the White Trash Debutantes, The Fags playing ‘Lock You Up’, and Stone Gossard in drag!
3) The Device jumped out of a flying device 10,000 feet above the ground..
4) Drank Patron and rode the elevators all night at the Clift Hotel in San Francisco.
5) Saw Black Rebel Motorcycle Club at The Showcase.
6) Recorded music for a new film by The Fabulous Ms. Ligaya.
7) December art show for I, Braineater (the bastard spawn of Robert Crumb and Andy Warhol)
8) Playing with JP5 opening for The Subhumans
at Chris Walter’s book release party (The Cobalt in Vancouver).
9) Fell in love with a girl.
10) Watched the United States get a much-needed Brazilian. . . NO MORE BUSH!!!
Top 10 highlights of 2008....
1. Going to Portland with the Castaways and Bad things
2. Making dolls for the circus contraption cd (booklet) www.circuscontraption.com
3. Turning 35 with an amazing party at the Cancan , Publishing the 30th issue of my 'zine "WOW",,
Easter with Passion of the Sawfish. www.thecancan.com
4. Going to Calif and celebrating Christian's graduation and surprising my mom for her b- day!
And all my friends whom visited me throughout the year! Thanks! It means alot to me!
5. Learning about the dead and studying Victorian death rituals, Hands of Kali
6. filming, directing and editing at SCAN TV. Finding a new medium
to document my peers. Creating short films.
7. Spending the month of July in California putting on shows with Vinsantos, spending
time with Uneven Steven, Angie, Dog Swan
8. Live shows: Quintron & Miss Pussycat, Miss Derringer, Stars and Garters Theatre(4th of July),
Circus Contraption, Castaways (The Breaking), The Stars Misplaced, Munley, Sassparilla, White Trash Debutantes
( Ginger Coyote in Seattle), Goldfrapp, Pipsqueak, The Fags..( meeting Wilum Pugmire), DJ DuBonnet
(Rosewood on Tuesdays), Nights at The Cafe'/FreeSheep/Speakeasy, MOira Scar, The Judy Experience,
Lonesome Shack,The Kids in Jesse Bernstein piece with Armitage at Triple Door, The Tiger Lillies in SF,
SailorHank dancing to the Germs at my b-day, plus all my Miss O presents nites at the Josephine.
9. Being a featured artist in Stretched Canvas Magazine (international tattoos mag for art) http://www.internationaltattooart.com/index.cfm?page=canvas
10. Having the most wonderful, fun and adventurous children on the planet! Thank you Sailor Hank & Darby Jane for saving my life! For loving me and inspiring me! Thanks to Cap'n Oblivious for being an understanding husband!
back to homepage